Chocolate smoothies don’t have to be a guilty pleasure. In fact, with the right ingredients, a chocolate smoothie can be a delicious way to support your health with good nutrition! In today’s post, holistic nutritionist and Fast Track to Health founder and owner Stephanie shares one of her favorite recipes ever. Try it yourself at home — we bet it will become a fast favorite!
What Makes a Good Smoothie?
Good smoothies can be simple to make: choose a liquid base, a protein powder, a cold base (like frozen fruit or ice), your favorite supplements, and ½ an avocado. That’s it! Make sure to choose natural ingredients that support your holistic health, and then you can mix and match your way to a delicious custom smoothie you’ll love.
Not sure where to begin? Try out these healthy ingredients from our favorite chocolate smoothie:
Healthy Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Ice: low-carb option or Frozen Fruit: for added flavor and complex carbohydrates.
- Protein Powder: we use Veggie Complete Pro Chocolate Flavor from Standard Process. It has no added sugars, is vegan-friendly, tastes delicious, and blends in smoothly.
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk: we like the So Delicious brand, and prefer almond milk over coconut milk, but you can choose whatever liquid base you like best!
- ½ Avocado: no smoothie is complete without a little avocado. It’s a great source of healthy fats, it keeps you feeling full, and it gives the smoothie a rich, creamy texture.
- Your Preferred Supplements: in both grindable and powder forms. Some of our favorite energy-boosting powder supplements include maca powder and calcium lactate powder from Standard Process.
Optional ingredients for added flavor and nutrition:
- Cacao Nibs
- Flavored Stevia: we love Better Stevia’s English Toffee flavor, which doesn’t taste artificial and adds a delightful taste to the finished smoothie. (It’s potent, so use only a few drops!)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder
- Sea Salt
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
That’s it! Toss it all into your Vitamix blender and your smoothie is good to go. You can experiment with ingredient ratios to find a custom taste that you prefer.
Find More Recipes and Nutrition Tips at Fast Track to Health!
Ready for more healthy deliciousness in your life? Fast Track to Health is ready to help! We are a New-Jersey-based wellness center that specializes in integrative medicine and holistic care, and our mission is to help you find the natural remedies that will help you to look and feel your best.